Finding a job that is a good match for your skill set and that provides adequate compensation can be a challenge. One way to improve your chances of landing your dream job is by working with a staffing service or recruitment agency. These companies typically help match up job candidates with suitable positions. The following tips for choosing a recruitment company should make it easier for you to find a fulfilling and financially rewarding job:
1. Identify what you hope to get out of your job. Are you looking for a temporary position, something part time or a permanent career? Staffing agencies deal with all different kinds of job openings. Knowing the type of job that you are after in advance can help them do a better job of matching you up with appropriate opportunities.
2. Consider looking for a recruitment agency that specializes in your industry. For instance, if you are a chemical engineer, you may want to look for a staffing service that either focuses on jobs related solely to chemical engineering, or that handles jobs in other science-based fields. Not only do these companies typically have connections with more businesses that may be a good match for your skills, but they can also usually do a better job of representing you simply because they are more familiar with the jargon of your industry.
3. Before contact a staffing agency, spend some time looking at their website and LinkedIn profile. This should help you get a better idea of whether they are a large company or a smaller boutique agency. You can also generally get a feel for the type of company they are to work with simply by reading any articles or content that they have posted on their site.
4. Contact the company and speak to someone in person. Pay attention to how well they communicate, how familiar they seem to be with your industry and how optimistic they seem about their ability to help you find a job. This phone call should also be able to give you a feel for whether they are excited to work with you or whether they view you as just another candidate in a long line of people they are already working with. Ideally, your recruiter should be as passionate about getting you placed as you are about finding a job.
5. Consider talking to your friends or former classmates to find out whether or not they used a recruitment agency to find their current job. If so, ask whether or not they would recommend their services. Sometimes the best way to find a suitable agency is by getting a personal referral from someone you trust.
Choosing a recruitment company to represent you in your job search can mean the difference between being unemployed or finding a job that you love. Just be sure to do your research before deciding which company to use. It is important to choose a staffing service that is not only qualified to work within your industry, but that is also highly motivated to help you find a suitable position as quickly as possible.